Author Topic: Jets'n'Guns 2  (Read 75537 times)

Molot

• View Profile
Jets'n'Guns 2
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »
First of all, let me thank you for the fantastic game you've made, guys! Jets'n'Guns is crazy awesome! It's totally among my favourite ones. Finished it many times and will do more!

So, I found some info on your old site that you were about to make the second part. You even shared some art, though I wasn't able to open it for some reason. Well, how is it going? Is it work in progress? Maybe you could even share some screenshots or something? I suppose, you are working on the new game, Rampage Knights, and it looks pretty promising, but what about my old love?

I totally hope it will be released one day, and be at least 20% cooler than it's spectacular predecessor! Yay!

Spudboy

• View Profile
Re: Jets'n'Guns 2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:44 am »
I know I'm ready to buy JnG2 now!

undead

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:58:45 pm »
Hey, thanks for the words of support. JnG2 got into dead end a year ago as we couldn't make significant progress. Our bad. We didn't plan things very well with our own 3D engine and stuff and got seriously overwhelmed.

That's why we stepped back and decided to make something easier for now - a 2D hack and slash game. I personaly would like very much to get back to JnG, but there are many hard questions to answer. Like should we go for 3D? (Maybe with third party engine like Unity this time to ease the work load.) Or should we play it safe with 2D and invest more effort into gameplay instead of looks?

We also tried Greenlight with the old JnG and it didn't go very well. Maybe the game is too outdated. Maybe there isn't really that much people wanting a 'shmup' game. Truth is that 60% of people downvoted the game unfortunately.

We'll see in the future, but as I said I would like to make the sequel happen.

Molot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:05:14 am »
That's very sad...

If you ask me, I say JnG series doesn't need any fancy 3D. It was gameplay, style and music that made the game rock so hard. 60% downvotes?! These people must be mad.

I wish you good luck with your current projects. Some hope for JnG2 still remains in my heart.

AnEyee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:44 pm »
Molot, Undead, do you know what the word "troll" means?

These downvoted for the game are the trolls that only know to hate.

I don't know why Rake in Grass are working on projects like Rampage Knighs, when they can work on Jets'n'Guns 2 (Of course if they have the needed things to start working on it again), but who the hell plays games like Rampage Knights?

I don't say that they are loosing their time with creating such games, but I see them pretty childish, boring and not funny.

That's my opinion.

I still hope too as Molot for JnG2 sometimes in the future, because I love the first one.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:27:32 pm by AnEyee »

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:10:44 pm »
Hi everyone.I was one of the beta testers in the early days of jets n guns and its disappointing to hear that jets n guns 2 has been put on hold. It is the best pc scrolling shooter currently available.I think you should consider either doing a  r-make with still 2d scrolling graphics with higher resolutions. If you make a game with say 12 very large levels with like a ww2 theme. Im sure that would would sell.even a top down scroller would be great.You guys are well.known for jets n guns and i think resources put into this new game are being wasted (sorry).consider a new scrolling shooter. Also maybe re release the original with higher resolutions.

stalker23rus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:13:30 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is stalker23rus. I apologize for the grammatical errors, as I translated it all for a translator. First in jets n guns I liked the music. This is something special. In general the main thing that the second part of the music was from the same creator as the first part. Second, the gameplay. Necessary to do so to the same gameplay as the first time part. In the third graph. I must say. Graphics is not the point. You can do 3D graphics, but if so many problems with it you can make the view from the second person (as in the jets and guns 1). Well, if everything is so bad with 3D, you can do the graphics in 2d, but in hd quality))) In general, all of this should be addressed to you. I hope you somehow pomog.Udachi you! Once again I apologize for the google translate.))

traum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 06:29:41 pm »
Good evening to all! I am a longtime and devoted fan of the game Jets-n-Guns.

I was very pleased that in the forum there were fresh reports on continuation of development all aspects of this magnificent game project. I would like to contribute to the discussion. In my opinion, the classic version in 2D is ideal. No 3D!!!

And even if we players will see on the screen the same plane, the same texture, and even the same story with minor modifications, it would be a breakthrough. Your cooperation work with Machinae Supremacy allows a breeze through the entire game, not looking back.

The little that I believe you need to add:

1. As many in the forum request, it is desirable to bring the game under standard 16:9 and 16:10.

2. It is desirable in some terrestrial and cosmic levels and in some static backgrounds and in the main background of the action itself to introduce one more foreground, which could occur episodically. For example the trunk or beam is at the crossroad of the lens in fifty meters from the camera of observer (not in the whole screen, but partially visual) through which we observe what is acting. Of course, for short time, the ship behind the barrel is not visible. This can be an additional way to hide ducklings.

3. It would be nice to add levels. For example, you can add a level where the ship during its mission is trying to get away from the asteroid in the left side of the screen, and the player has to stay away from the asteroid as far as possible on the right side of the screen.

4. In the original game Jets-n-Guns there was a very good mine level for the whole session. You can for example construct level, where the ship flies through the intertwining iron rods. It is desirable that the ship with some difficulty makes its way through them. It would effect players’ passion.

5. You could construct a level after the movie "Lost in Space", where the ship breaks through collapsing planet. It looks very spectacular: an ocean of explosions, rock fragments, hot planet magma. And the ship can get hot ))

6. I would like to see the gravity gun in the game. For example, the gravity gun’s shot damages enemies right and left, and respectively, the more powerful is the weapon, the more damage and throwing opponents it makes. the further levels you can construct the opposite weapon that forcibly puts enemies to one line, what allows the player to shoot the whole bunch. All above would apply more to weak and average opponents.

7. Similarly opponents can affect the player’s ship. You can even create a level as a trap from which is necessary to leave, but gravity someways does not permit to fly away from the planet. Similar as in the idea of Andre Norton with Twin Towers which pull ships from space.

8. It is desirable that more enemies react to contact with Earth and objects. For example, small objects attracted by Earth and having no protective cushion immediately explode on a constructed ground unit if got in touch with it. The visual range of the ram weapons needs to be perfected (small objects coming in contact with the ram must immediately explode and their fragments fall down not on the main path of the motion).

9. Alternatively, the gravity gun could act on bosses otherwise. Rather than fly off, the bosses’ contours just can blur or fluctuate. (Visually as well as eroded player’s ship, when getting multiple damage bonus).

10. You could enter an innovated storyline. For example, to begin not with the bar, but with an almost lost war, and the original ship is a marauder’s one, requisitioned in order to escape. And everything other connecting with Xoxx and his henchmen enter later, as people initiated this war.

11. In most cases, I like to look for caches. Particularly I was impressed by the deads’ book (though I can’t not say that I like on this level the skull, I found it after 100th attempt. Before I used to destroy the skill. If there are similar caches as the deads’ book it would be great.

If none of my suggestions is carried out, I'm not upset at all, and more over I keep on looking forward to the new developments.

To be honest, among the arcade genres I have not played more exciting and replayable game than Jets-n-Guns! With all my heart I wish you success in your new Jets-n-Guns developments!!!

MrPhalanx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:11:22 pm »
I have played MANY shooters (minimum a dozen, but at least 50), So Im a veteran player in space shooters.  But i need to let you know though I played a lot of space shooters, i don't found better than Jets'n'Guns. Someday, i put out , and wreck a dozen of stages, but shamefully, the game engine is getting old. But if you want another Big Boom, abandon that Rampage Knights, because the game market's attic is full games like this(Diablo 3 , Torchlight II, Sacred 2, In flash games: Epic Battle Fantasy 4 ), believe me.  But the market lacks with some seriously good Spaceshooters, especially 2D horizontal, vertical shooters.. Now only the most fresh Space SHMUP is the Söldner X2, but its a shame it only avaiable in PS3, so only a few gamers can play with that. But the FANS are HUNGRY! Hungry for some really good arcade shooter, not only CoD, BF3, or FarCry 3. I have read many forums, many posts, and after that my opinion is, the gamers want a good shooter finally, not only garbage.
If need to a story, i have some good ideas(in my opinion) to JNG 2, or whatever that you make.

Regards: MrPhalanx

Nikitosina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:52:02 pm »
Hey! J&G is the best shooter ever. Seriously.  All you need is make a Jet & Guns 2. And you don't need 3D for sure - it will just spoil the game. I would pay $30 for the game just with new story and several new weapons/monsters... Wait a minute, what about kickstarer and other similar sites? Don't you want to try it?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:53:36 pm by Nikitosina »

soija

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:28:19 pm »
Hey! J&G is the best shooter ever. Seriously.  All you need is make a Jet & Guns 2. And you don't need 3D for sure - it will just spoil the game. I would pay $30 for the game just with new story and several new weapons/monsters... Wait a minute, what about kickstarer and other similar sites? Don't you want to try it?
Im with you Nikitosina! There should be JnG2. You should try using the Kickstarter, im sure it would work. Kickstarter is a paradise for old school games, i bet some of you have seen the Wasteland 2 and Torment fundings, if not go check them and youll know what im talking about.

boovie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 11:54:48 am »
Maybe we could try kickstarter to see if people would be really interested in a shmup game/jng before fully committing to development. But I was surprised that Humans Must Answer kickstarter received only such small funding. Yeah, it raised its funding goal, but with how many shmup games are available on the PC scene I expected it would attract more people than 370 backers.

AnEyee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22:51 pm »
boovie, not maybe - you must try, because I'm sure a lot of peoples that like the shmup or the side-scrolling shooter genre know about Jets'n'Guns and they want Jets'n'Guns 2, just all of us like here, and if you use Kickstarter, I'm sure there will be more backers than Humans Must Answer was having.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:28:23 pm by AnEyee »

Federation Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 09:31:58 pm »
Maybe we could try kickstarter to see if people would be really interested in a shmup game/jng before fully committing to development. But I was surprised that Humans Must Answer kickstarter received only such small funding. Yeah, it raised its funding goal, but with how many shmup games are available on the PC scene I expected it would attract more people than 370 backers.
Who want play chicken in shmup, seriously?

Nikitosina

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 07:33:23 pm »

It will cost you nearly nothing in case you fail. So why don't you try? :)