Author Topic: New forum - we have switched to new forum software  (Read 7477 times)

boovie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New forum - we have switched to new forum software
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:58:46 pm »
Hi everybody!

We have recently changed our web design and with this change we have decided to switch to new forum system because of the amount of spam we were receiving and because of other problems we had with the old forum.

Because the old forum was not much active anymore we didn't bother to transfer data from the old forum to the new one so you have to create new accounts if you want to contribute to the new forum. Sorry for any troubles but so far everything is looking fine so thanks for your support!

AnEyee

• View Profile
Re: New forum - we have switched to new forum software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:53 pm »
The whole site and the forum now look nice, but boovie, can you remove the user AnEye, because I have registered it with e-mail that I don't remember the password for and I was forced to create another one, because I can't change the e-mail of the first without the account beign activated.

Thanks.

boovie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »
Ok, I have deleted the AnEye user.

Barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 12:28:31 am »
Hi Guys!

I know it's been a long time; but I just discovered the old Forum is gone, and this one is brand new.

I registered again under my former name, and I love the new design and features of this Forum. 

But all my hard work with detailed walk-throughs for Archibald's Adventures from the old Forum are gone now.  I spent a great deal of time back then, writing out step-by-step solutions for some of the harder levels.  Is there any way you could possibly restore some of that information, to help other people here?

Maybe just the practical stuff, like walk-throughs and solution hints would be nice.

Just a thought. 

Thank you;

Barbara
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:30:14 am by Barbara »

boovie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 11:41:22 pm »
Hi Barbara, welcome back! It's not possible to transfer data from the old forum automatically but I have enabled access to the old forum at http://forum.rakeingrass.com, it uses default phpbb skin and new registrations are disabled but you should be able to log in there. Hope this helps a bit.

Barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 01:02:37 am »
Thank you so much Boovie! 

That is so helpful, now everyone can access the old Forum to get any needed information or game hints.

Makes me feel a lot better, knowing that all our hard work hasn't disappeared.

Thanks again for your consideration, and for providing the link to the old Forum for everyone on the new Forum.

Barbara

boovie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:32:39 pm »
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to keep the old forum online forever, it's just a backup we keep in case something needs to be searched or restored etc. We don't want to keep the old forum running on our server for too long because of security reasons and it is also not easy for maintenance.
You can re-post some of the important posts to this new forum if you want.
But note that the game is getting old now and there are not many new players coming in and they usually search for walkthroughs on youtube anyway :)

Barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:58 pm »
OK, thank you for that clarification Boovie.

No problem, I understand all the reasons about the old Forum not being around too long.  Thanks for offering for me to copy things over, but I don't really have the time and it sounds like it isn't really necessary anyway.  I would hate to clutter up this beautiful new Forum!

Thanks for posting the link to the old Forum anyway, it may be helpful until it is no longer available.

Barbara