Version 1.3 of Rampage Knights on Steam is out!
This update makes the changes from the “Beta” version public along with other small fixes.
We have been working on improvements and fixes of the networking implementation to address lags some people are experiencing in online co-op. We have completly rewritten big chunk of the multiplayer implementation and the code that synchronizes inputs between the host and the client.
We have implemented several new optimizations that should help the game run better in online mode and also on slower computers and notebooks. These are major changes with possible unforseen consequences, so if you experience any issues or crashes please report them in the Community Hub’s Discussions.
There is a new “Network rate” option available in the game. The option specifies how frequently the game sends packets between the host and the client. We recommend keeping the network rate at “fast” unless you experience some networking issues. (For example, if you are on wi-fi network and you see freezes or lags, you can try to set the network rate to medium.) Slower network rates are less demanding on your connection but the movement of enemies and other player may seem more jerky.
Gameplay changes and fixes:
- Assassin always uses stomp on ghoul heads instead of assassination skill.
- Ghoul heads cannot be hit by melee attacks. You can kill them by stomping or dashing.
- Pirate’s parrot cannot hit ghoul heads lying on the ground.
- Damage taken after drinking Mountainer’s Schnaps potion does not hit hero’s armor or divine shield.
- Effects from Mountainer’s Schnaps and Buff from the Pit are stackable.
- When pirate gets drunk by drinking from keg, the regeneration is triggered immediately.
- Achievement Friendship is Magic is now properly rewarded in local co-op game.
- Mod items are showing proper (big) icon in the “last acquired” panel.
- Victory screen scroll is no longer cut off in 4:3 resolution.
- Fixed bug where skins from items and status effects were not applied properly during ressurect animation in online co-op.
- Sometimes in online co-op with high pings the “death fanfare” was played twice or it was played even if no hero really died. This could also happen for sound played when a golden chest was opened. This bug is now fixed.
- Complete rewrite of multiplayer implementation and input synchronization between the host and the client to address lags some people are experiencing.
- Added “Network rate” option to control frequency of network updates between the host and the client.
- Fixed “desync” and “input frame mismatch” errors.
- Fixed crash when trying to continue saved online game on clients.
If you were participating in the “Beta” build, we recommend you to switch back to public version. We may use the beta branch for testing in future which can make the game more unstable and bugged temporarily.
How to switch back to public version:
- In your Steam library, right click on Rampage Knights and click “Properties”.
- Select “BETAS” tab. Click the list below and select “NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.” item in the list.
- Click close. Steam should automatically switch to non-beta build. You should see “Rampage Knights” instead of “Rampage Knights [beta]” in your Steam library.