Hi everyone, who is still waiting for news for our co-op brawler Rampage Knights!
As the release date is approaching we are getting things together. Our main problem right now is the network code, which is too slow to run the whole world with all the levels at once. That’s why we are changing it to handle the campaign one map level at a time.
We’ve added exit screens in between levels which count some statistics of the players like kills, damage dealt etc. It immediately spawned fierce competition to the point, where we focused on knockning each other out of the way to steal the kills and gold more than on surviving the fighths with monsters .
Meanwhile we are adding more stuff to the game – items, special encounters and enemies. Just like this beholder-like creature below:
- Added more than 50 items that can be used to improve your ships
- Improved battle gameplay
- The action Captain’s Order gives bonus to the boarding (attack damage)
- The boarding bonus icon is shown in the batlle now (if you have any bonus)
- The action Maneuver adds more cannonballs on the battle board
- Actions in the battle are sorted by action point cost
- There are more pirate ships generated on the map
- If you buy a level 2 action, the teacher will not offer the level 1 action anymore
- You cannot combine more than one of the same items on your ship
- You can scroll the items in your inventory, you can have unlimited number of the items now
- And tons of small changes and bug fixes
The Indiegogo campaign for Rampage Knights is over and it’s time to think about how we will handle the game from here. The campaign was not successful at all, so let me share what are our plans for the future.
The goal of the funding campaign was to test the interest of public, get feedback and start some buzz around the game. The money was intended for outsouring music and sounds, improved networking, Mac and linux ports, and for more content in the game.
Despite the fail we will try to finish the game the best way we can. For now we have to strip the unnecessary extra features we were planning. We will support only 2 players online co-op. We don’t have budget to implement 3 or 4 players at the moment. If we have enough time we would like to focus on local co-op on single machine instead (it is high on our priority list thanks to the feedback we got), but this feature may be delayed after the release. Hopefully the game will be successful enough after the release to implement the additional content in later updates.
One positive thing is that the game was accepted very quickly on Steam and I think it’s a good candidate for Steam Early Access program. If we don’t manage to finish and release the game this fall, we are thinking about starting the Early Access instead and delay the release to the beginning of 2015 to avoid very crowded time around Xmas. We are also considering releasing the game on Steam only at first (PC and Mac version) and adding non-Steam builds and purchase options later on.
We would like to thank all of the Indiegogo backers who supported us and the game. We really appreciate it and hopefully the game will be more successfull on its release. Thanks!
Right now we continue to work on content for the game. Here is a small preview of one of the bosses in the game (work in progress):